Westminster Choir College cuts degree programs
  • a_f_hawkins
    Seems tripling the University President's salary over the last half-dozen years has not solved the problems. https://www.praytellblog.com/index.php/2022/06/10/westminster-choir-college-cuts-degree-programs/
  • Sad - so very very sad.
    We have been robbed.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    This is sad news, indeed. My years in Princeton (1961-64 graduate student, Ph.D. *64, at Princeton University, 1964-66 & 1976-77 member of the Institute for Advanced Study) were enriched by WCC, its faculty, students, and graduates. Singing under Robert Simpson (WCC choral director and tenor soloist) for three years greatly enhanced my own musical skills. This breaks my heart.

• Schönbergian
    One of the few truly spectacular music conservatories in North America. This phenomenally dumb decision will just see more students being ferried overseas to get a real education.
  • GambaGamba
    MM ‘17 here – the last class to graduate before the bottom fell out. Just a terrible loss.
  • So sad to see. When I was applying to college back in 2019, I desperately wanted to go somewhere like WCC but I decided not to apply because of the uncertainty surrounding WCC's future. I really hope we can pour our resources into creating a truly excellent conservatory of sacred music sometime in the near future.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Carol
    I heard the Westminster Choir College sing Mozart's Requiem and Ave Verum a few years ago at Lincoln Center and was so impressed. My nephew got both a bachelor and master degree in organ performance from the college about ten years ago. How sad that it is cutting back so severely.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen