Press Release regarding Colloquium XIX
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    ----FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Corpus Christi Watershed, a 501(c)3 non-profit Artists' Institute, will be shooting a documentary on Colloquium XIX.

Corpus Christi Watershed has been working closely with the CMAA for several months on this project, assuring all will go smoothly.

This documentary will be broadcast on a major television network to generate interest in the Colloquium.

Watershed attended the Colloquium as guests in 2008 and created a Colloquium Trailer (view it at musicasacra.com).

The experience Watershed gained last year will allow them to film this year's Colloquium with minimal distraction or disruption to the Colloquium. Furthermore, the director of Corpus Christi Watershed is flying in from France to personally produce this documentary.

An essential part of this documentary will be filmed interviews with Colloquium participants. Views & comments from Colloquium attendees will add real human interest to the documentary.

----END OF PRESS RELEASE

Watershed is also interested in producing an audio CD of the Colloquium, if there's enough interest. Those interested in purchasing this CD should place their name and contact information on the pre-order sheet (which will be on the table where all the books are sold). Watershed will follow-up with you when the CD's are produced (for payment and shipping). The CD(s), if produced, will capture the spirit of the Colloquium, taking the best audio clips.

In terms of the timeline, the documentary itself will be the first thing produced.

THOSE INTERESTED in being interviewed need to contact Pearl Skrobarczyk (E-mail = pearl ... @ ... ccwatershed.org ) so she can schedule you in. The interviews of attendees will be conducted on Saturday, June 27, starting at 6pm. Contact Pearl, give her your contact info, and we will tell you where the interviews are going to be held ASAP.
  • Carl DCarl D
    This is a huge accomplishment, Jeff, and we should all be grateful for the outstanding work that Watershed is doing here. Thank you.
  • gregpgregp
    Jeff, so can you tell us what the 'major television network' will be, or do we have to guess?
  • gregpgregp
    It's not exactly a long list....
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Hi, Greg P.

Unfortunately, at this time, we cannot do that, because that is against their policies --- it is a "don't count your chickens before they are hatched" deal --- but the conversations between our director and this TV organization so far have been FANTASTIC.
  • Maureen
    You know what this means next year.

Survivor: Solesmes Abbey.
  • chonakchonak
    A reality-show competition? Man! I can see it already: every week Horst (who else?) would call the group together, pick the weakest team, and dismiss it with the words: "Ite. missa est."
  • gregpgregp
    I can see it now: blindfolded chironomy , followed by the Psalm pointing marathon, and ending with the beautiful but deadly the solfege trial by fire.
  • Maureen
    Every member of every schola would simultaneously practice musical excellence, humility, and detachment from the things of this world (like winning). Any skulduggery or refusal to work together in amiable charity would be punished by increasingly rigorous monastic disciplinary actions commanded by the abbot. This would include all guests of the abbey, including the producers and crew.

After the inevitable attempt by the producers to create a huge fight, the floors of Solesmes would be scrubbed very clean. By them. In their absence, the camera people would direct themselves, and do much better. :)
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    I always wondered if those reality shows were real....
  • G
    How about Bravo TV's Real Housewives of the CMAA?

But I am NOT getting botox....

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • janetgorbitzjanetgorbitz
    and the tie-breaker... name that mode...
  • G- LOL!!! I was interviewed in '07 and was having a bad hair day. Alas.

Aside from the major network, is EWTN in on any of this? Not sure if you are allowed to say, but I for one will be praying for that.
  • miacoyne
    I recieved an email form one of my schola mom today.

"FYI--
    On July 22nd, the EWTN Live show with Fr. Mitch Pacwa will have as guest Fr. Joel Martin and the topic will be the revival of Gregorian Chant."

Could this be a good place to show some parts of Colloquium? Colloquium video clip could help their presentation.

Also I'd like to emphasize 'CONTINUITY' of our tradition as our Holy Father says. One of the priest also expressed as "PROGRESSING into the deeper realm of our tradition."