Does anyone know where I can find the hymn 'O Lord with Wondrous Mystery' (SATB)?
  • Hi, I am looking for a version for SATB on O Lord with Wondrous Mystery. I found a 3-part, but can't find SATB.
    Does anyone know where I can find or anyone have it?
    Thanks!
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    It's in SATB in the St. Michael Hymnal 4th Edition Organ/Choral book.
  • Thank you so much!
  • Cmanfro
    I love that hymn - just beautiful
  • It's in the music library of a parish I served when in graduate school, back in the 1990s, unless someone else, seeing it, thought it worthy of removal.
  • Felicia
    This hymn (text by Michael Gannon; music by Henrik Andriessen) was published in 1954 in the People's Hymnal, and subsequently in the People's Mass Book by World Library / J. S. Paluch. I think the Saint Michael Hymnal incorporates the same hymn.
  • a_f_hawkins
    You can get it from GIA for $2.50, and preview it here https://www.giamusic.com/store/resource/o-lord-with-wondrous-mystery-pdf-dek40088 , it is 4-part but with a lot of SA and TB voice overlap.
  • Thank you all! I looked the one from GIA last week, but it doesn't seem it is for SATB. It seems like more accompaniment for solo. And I couldn't find someone who has the St. Michael's hymnal :-(
    Does anyone have the hymnal? I tried to buy the choir edition on their website, but it says it is currently unavailable. Amazon sells it with $300 :-(
  • chonakchonak
    The version in the SMH is really unison with organ accompaniment rather than SATB. It's an arrangement published by WLP (now GIA). Maybe the 3-part version is your best option.
    2085 x 3135 - 957K
    Thanked by 1doglover1000
  • Thank you so much, chonak! Yes it is unison/solo with organ.
  • chonakchonak
    By the way, that is the third edition SMH, so maybe someone should check the fourth edition to see if that has a real SATB arrangement as irishtenor indicated.
  • Got it. Thank you!
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    I don't have it in front of me, but what you posted @chonak is very close to what's in the SMH4, at least. Though I've sung those harmonies in an SATB choir with decent effect. Give it a try and see what happens, I'd say. If you want to make some editorial decisions to avoid dragging your basses up so high, I say go for it :-)
  • OK. Will try :-) Thank you.