Stems in GABC notation
  • In the attached image, see ‘ad’. I can’t recreate the 2nd (downward) stem. I am using ad(f@h!fg~) but it doesn’t appear. I can’t see this exact notation on the Gregorio Cheat Sheet either. Any tips? I am not yet inclined to follow the signs below which show something else, do they not?
  • I am using the legacy editor online.
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    This is an alternative form of the torculus resupinus. In the reference manual, see page 285 for both forms.

The manual, on page 24/25, gives this instruction to use the alternative form:

To replace all torculus resupinus glyphs with their alternate versions, use the
    following:
    \grechangeglyph{TorculusResupinus*}{*}{.alt}

I presume you have to use this in your .tex file, so the online editor isn't able to create this specific form.

The neums from the manuscripts indeed give something else for "ad". See the restituted score from Anton Stingl; it still ends with a torculus resupinus.
  • madorganist
    Does ad(f@h@fg~) not work for you?
  • That’s exactly what I wanted - thanks so much!
    Thanked by 1madorganist
  • Thanks, both! Very helpful.
    Thanked by 1madorganist
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    Does ad(f@h@fg~) not work for you?

Could someone change this at Gregobase?
  • MatthewRoth
    well… it can be fixed (and reversed), but I note that the source for Gregobase's purposes is "technically" the 1961 GR. I don't particularly care that the Triplex has the virga and that 1961 doesn't; this is something to add to the long list of issues with sources and organization: the Triplex should be respected, not 1961, even though that makes proofreading difficult and potentially causes other problems.
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    I see it has been fixed. Thanks!
    Thanked by 1madorganist