Summer Workshop on Sacred Music in Cincinnati
  • Bri
    Sung Worship: the Work of Our Baptism

Dates: July 20-22, 2022

For the second summer in a row, the Sacred Music Institute at MTSM is offering a three-day conference for priests and church musicians in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and in Catholic dioceses throughout the country. The conference this summer will focus on the meaning of sung worship, the element of sacrifice in the Mass, and the notion of active participation in the liturgy as the vocation of the baptized.

The event will feature two lectures given by professors of theology, breakout sessions focusing on both practical and theoretical issues concerning parish music programs, three different choirs for singers of varying skill levels, and sung liturgies in which all attendees will participate. Those interested in learning how to read and sing Gregorian chant will have the opportunity to work with experts in rehearsals and to sing this great repertoire in public liturgies. This conference has become a popular event for musicians and priests throughout the region, and is already bearing great fruit in parish music programs.

Cost with lodging and all meals: $350
    Cost without lodging or breakfast: $275 (area hotel options)

For more information or to register, visit this site:
    https://athenaeum.edu/sung-worship-the-work-or-our-baptism/#sung-worship-the-work-or-our-baptism

Note: I attended this workshop last summer and absolutely loved it! It is like a mini-Colloquium.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    If Dr. Levri is involved, then it's definitely worth your time. I heard her play organ for the Pontifical Mass put on by another sacred music conference a few years before - she's phenomenal, especially at improvisation.
  • ServiamScores
    I'm grateful to you for having posted this. It's within spitting distance of where I am and I've now registered to attend. I haven't been able to attend the colloquium since Philly so this will be a nice alternative.
    Thanked by 1Bri
  • Bri
    My husband and I are planning to attend again this year. My mom (who lives in western Pennsylvania) had registered as well. She is inviting some of her friends from her parish too.
  • Dr. Levri is one of the best musicians to come to Cincinnati. She is so incredibly talented and spiritual. It is an honor to sing for her in the Atheneaum Chorale. She makes the best music of the church approachable and gets the best results. For our sake, I hope she has a very long career in Cincinnati!