The Road Less Taken (Frost) : for Soprano and Piano : by Koerber
  • francis
    Just finished this minutes ago.

http://www.myopus.com/preview/roadLessTaken.mp4
    Thanked by 2achoyce91 Carol
  • achoyce91
    I'd highly recommend investing in high-quality virtual instruments. Check out AudioModeling's instruments and East/West's Hollywood Choirs because this track could have WAY more of an impact than the cheaper Garritan instruments. Just my 2 cents. Some pretty harmonies in the piano part I liked.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francis
    Composer's Note

Traveling through the forest, one is never sure what is next! So the music goes... twisting and turning in harmonic and melodic treatment. The opening line of course mirrors the diverging paths with contrary motion in two individual lines. This is also accomplished by the progression of building major and minor chords on the root of a descending dim7, and the final cadence (arrival) chords using only the major chords as your walk is concluded.

(Not sure about the middle interlude being that long... might break up the thought line a bit too much...comments?)
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Carol
    One of my favorite poems set to a beautifully pensive melody! Thank you!
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francis
    @achoyce91

Thanks for your input on VST's. I have been researching this more lately as I am building a digital orchestra (DO) that looks like this (see attached). Originally I was planning on the Integra 7 as the heart of the sound library, but as technology has developed, I am hoping to do this with a computer and a library instead.

I just purchased a Roland FP-90 a few months back and am trying to figure out how I can patch a library of VSTs into the keyboard/pedal settup which I also have. We are doing a musical at our school this May and I want to use the DO to play the orchestral score LIVE for the play.

Do you prefer EW or AudioModeling? Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

FK
    1024 x 622 - 156K
  • achoyce91
    I suggest East/West Hollywood Choir; Audio Modeling's brass, strings, and woodwinds; Cinesamples percussion.
  • achoyce91
    Also East/West Voices of Opera.
  • achoyce91
    I've never needed more than one keyboard/manual. How would it work?
  • achoyce91
    Very unorthodox (and currently impossible?) to work with a DAW using various keyboards simultaneously.
  • francis
    @achoyce91

Isn't the DAW just using MIDI channels? I would think that would be easy with system exclusive messages to change patches and route them to the various keyboards using a MIDI interface. No?
  • achoyce91
    It's beyond what I currently know. I'd consult someone at Apple and Roland to see what's possible. I give you credit for coming up with this. Quite rad I must say.
  • achoyce91
    You might look into Audio Modeling's Camelot software. It's meant for performance and you get to use, if you pay for them, of course, Audio Modeling's incredible instruments. There's also Ableton Live. Very popular DAW that may better suit what you're looking for. I really want to help you with this. I love gear and set-ups.
  • achoyce91
    Oh, and you'll definitely want to invest in Vienna Ensemble Pro 7. It'll drastically reduce RAM and latency.