Give Us Your Peace
  • ReneA
    Give Us Your Peace

An offering for Peace in Ukraine.
    For the safety of all Ukrainian people.
    We need peace more than ever in our world!
    Pray for Ukraine!

I would like to hear your feedback and comments.
    Thank you for your time and expertise.

https://youtu.be/QQ1G3LtQaB4
  • Carol
    Hi, Rene,

First, that is quite an array of guitars behind you! I was not familiar with this song before. This is a song where the verses and "chorus" are essentially the same tune which I think is a lazy way to write music. It is a pleasant melody and the words are not offensive and match your peaceful accompaniment. You use a nice fingerstyle picking. I had to go to YouTube and find another rendition to hear the words, since yours is an instrumental version.

I have been on this forum for a few years now and most of the topics here are authored by organists and proponents of traditional chanting, motets, etc. and who generally do not care for folk masses. (I grew up singing with my family leading a folk mass for many years, which we started at the request of the associate pastor of our parish.) Over time I have come to prefer more traditional music at Mass. If you understand the perspective of most posters here, then there is a lot to be learned about sacred music and the wealth of music that the Church has enjoyed for centuries.
  • ReneA
    Hi Carol,

Thanks for the comment.
    I am glad that you were able to find the lyrics to this Taize-type music that I picked up in Medjugorje. I just love the peaceful prayer of this song.
    I do understand the perspectives of people, and it is very varied.
    One can just look any the issue of this pandemic, and the vaccine.
    Not to mention the masks.

I made a mistake once before, as I posted in a different category, and I was fiercely attacked. Again, I apologize for that mistake.

I am humbly asking permission from the Administrators and the Moderators of this forum for me to be able to post my music, under Amusements, just to stay away from being driven out of this forum.
    I just wanted to make sure that I am not stepping on any bounds of this respectable organization.

I do appreciate your comments Carol! And I respect your musical preference and expertise.

Respectfully,

Rene
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • chonakchonak
    Hi, Rene:

I don't know if you've looked into CMAA's purposes, but you can find a description on our main web site at this page:

Sacred Music in Every Parish: https://musicasacra.com/about-cmaa/join-the-cmaa/

There's more in-depth information here:
    Questions and Answers: https://musicasacra.com/about-cmaa/faq/

CMAA is about promoting the Church's heritage of sacred music, which is centered on Gregorian chant, choral singing, and the pipe organ.

I see from your YouTube page that you've got about 175 videos of performance recordings, and many of them are "covers" of popular songs. Since starting in January you were posting something about every four days. That's a lot, and it's not really helpful, since the site is about liturgical music, and posting popular songs here doesn't make sense. Even posting performances of religious songs every four days is a lot.

--Richard
  • Carol
    Rene, I once thought I was being personally corrected by one of helpful hints that pop up occasionally and came to find out that the hints are interspersed randomly on the website and it was not a direct response to my post. I saw what you called being "fiercely attacked" and I thought it was a bit brusque, but I wouldn't have characterized it as fierce. Some people are just blunt in their delivery and the written word has no inflection or nuance. Of course, you did experience it your own way. In any case, peace.
  • ReneA
    Thanks Carol.
    In Peace,
    Rene
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • ReneA
    Hi Richard,
    Thanks for the info.
    I will drastically limit my posts.
    Your intervention is appreciated.
    Thanks again.
    Rene