Fret Not-It’s Just an Eclipse
  • francis
    Our Lady told us the church would be in eclipse... fret not nor frown... an eclipse gets its darkest before the Sun returns. An eclipse ALWAYS reverses itself.

https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/articles/item/5806-it-is-time-to-end-the-so-called-irreversible-ecumenical-damage

We are the candles that shine out when darkness presses in.

You are the light of the world. A city seated on a mountain cannot be hid.

Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but upon a candlestick, that it may shine to all that are in the house.

So let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Do not think that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

For amen I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot, or one tittle shall not pass of the law, till all be fulfilled.

Matthew 5:16-18
    Thanked by 1Earl_Grey
  • Elmar
    an eclipse gets its darkest before the Sun returns. An eclipse ALWAYS reverses itself.
    But let's not fool ourselves: while we know from astronomy that a solar eclipse cannot last longer than 7 min 32 sec and therefore we must be at least half way, the one after the crucifixion of Christ lasted three hours according to Scripture...
    Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but upon a candlestick, that it may shine to all that are in the house.
    That's the issue when our times seem so dark.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • Liam
    A luni-solar eclipse can't last longer than that, but given the Crucifixion occurred at the full moon rather than new moon, the supernatural three hours of night-darkness was likely not just a luni-solar eclipse.
    Thanked by 2francis Elmar
  • francis
    My point is, we are not headed into unending darkness... the Triumph of God WILL unfold in the future one way or another... so, hold on to your hat (Faith) and sit back and enjoy the roller coaster ride... while you pray like mad! :)

@Elmar... don't despair over the time this eclipse lasts... it's already been a few decades I suppose...

Light WILL shine and overcome, my dear brothers and sisters! It is the guarantee of God himself. Meanwhile, GO TO CONFESSION, GO TO MASS, and avail yourselves of the graces that are here today.
    Thanked by 2StimsonInRehab Elmar
  • Elmar
    Of course no luni-solar eclipse at crucifixion, my point was about overstretching the astronomical analogy (at least that this is the way I understood it) with the statement
    an eclipse gets its darkest before the Sun returns. An eclipse ALWAYS reverses itself.
    as a comment on the linked article about (ir-)reversibility of some 20th-century changes in the Church, driven by popes, bishops and especially V-II and its aftermath.

We(!) can extend the current eclipse of the Faith as long as we like, simply by continuing to put the light that Christ gave us under a bushel...

Just recently I heard statements from our very traditional pastor like (I am making it a bit more dramatic):
    "Never mind we do not follow covid-19 restrictions (even not those imposed by our bishop): first of all, mass attendence is so small that it doesn't matter in terms of the epidemy, and second we are so irrelevant to our society that no one will notice". OK...???