recognize source according to typesetting?
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    Sorry to offer such a mundane post here, but I'm wondering if anyone might recognize the source of this typesetting of Gloria VIII:

I've got a few of these, actually (all of Masses VIII and XI), which I had cut-and-pasted into a document I made sometime last year, but for the life of me I can't seem to remember what the source was. (I'm rather embarrassed.) I know I've got it on my hard drive here somewhere….
  • RobertRobert
    This typesetting is all over the internet - it's the top hit in google images for "Gloria VIII".

And it's strewn with errors, from the very beginning! Caveat googlor!
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    Ah, Google Images… for whatever reason, I hadn't thought to look there. Thanks.

And indeed, the top hit came from this page on the christusrex.org site… which is where I probably got the images in the first place. (They're not PDFs as I thought, but GIF files which I had dragged directly into my document.)

I never distributed the document I made, so alas, no errors disseminated! But thanks, too, Robert, for calling my attention to that.

Ultimately, I was hoping to find a "clean" image of Gloria XV which would fit onto a 5.5" x 8.5" page, similar to the image of Gloria VIII above. No such luck so far, but I think I'll be able to make do.
  • chonakchonak
    Here's one I just made; the margins are small to make it all fit in the half-page. Let me know if you spot any typos.
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    My gosh… manna from heaven on this forum, as always. Thank you so much, chonak… it fits beautifully. (May I ask… are you using Gregorio for your notation?)

BTW, my inspiration for seeking out Gloria XV was based in large part on Jeffrey's posts here and here over at the NLM — having remembered them from over a year ago! — and from an interview of him over at an internet radio site, the precise name of which I can't quite remember now (something like "Catholic Commando 2.0").

Thanks again!
  • chonakchonak
    Yes, it's made with Gregorio (and LaTeX, of course). God bless!
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    And I should mention Arlene's post there, too.