2021 and still no Roman Pontifical available
  • My diocese (in the Philippines) is actively looking for the latest approved Roman Pontifical. I have scoured the internet and couldn't find even a single copy published for sale (that sloppily translated 1978 edition is on Amazon but it's sold at the ungodly rate of nearly 400USD. I'm even doubting if it's legit). The only lead I have is news about the Vox Clara committee publishing an interim translation but this was still back in 2012. 9 years later and I have yet to see this "published work". Anybody got better leads or at least definitive news that this "published book" doesn't exist? Or if anybody could direct me to a publishing company who could supply the 2012 edition, that would be even more wonderful.

Update: Our neighboring parish run by a local religious congregation (of diocesan right) loaned us theirs. Apparently, they had connections and got it from Rome. We're still digging through and we hope that with their connections, we can still obtain a copy.
  • chonakchonak
    The USCCB is going to publish the ordination rite shortly, if that is what you need:
    https://store.usccb.org/collections/liturgy/products/ordination-of-a-bishop-of-priests-and-of-deacons
    Thanked by 1Mattspmusic0320
  • Chonak, I ordered a copy of it and it came already despite the website saying "pre-order."
    Thanked by 1chonak
  • The 2012 edition was a limited run, and won’t be available again. The new ordination rite that was just published is quite welcome. The 2012 might pop up on the used market over time, but only as replacement editions are more widely available, and it’s already not super useful as there are minor changes in the new ordination rites.