Another 3-part collection by Kevin Allen
  • Corpus Christi Watershed posted about this SAB collection of motets by Kevin Allen: https://www.ccwatershed.org/2021/10/19/huge-announcement-three-voiced-polyphony/

I'm interested in getting this for our monthly TLM volunteer choir. We have only one or two treble voices but our tenors can sing alto parts (we've done Byrd's Missa a 3 this way).

Does anyone have the Matri Divinae Gratiae collection? What's been your experience with it?
  • Haha, I asked this EXACT question a couple months ago. My experience has been that it was EXPENSIVE, but now that it is available on amazon I am really excited to get a set for my choir. I bought one copy for myself when it was $50. All the pieces are really nice, all have psalm verses which makes them very easy to slot liturgically.

The collection was intentionally written for mixed voices, and not equal voices like the Motecta collection, so it might be harder to transpose down the pieces to make the Alto part a tenor line--unless, or course, your tenors can eat up a C5.
  • yes, we do use these for OF and EF; very singable, with exhilarating harmonies