Inclina Sacerdotes
  • Charles in CenCA
    I'm not sure if the Latin is correct in the thread topic title; feel free to correct.
    This is basically an email sent to and responded by Jeffrey T, who suggested I post my concerns as a topic.

I just received and finished listening to "Inclina Domine." Then, went back to NLM articles and comboxes.
    This is a watershed recording as well as an artistic triumph. I ordered multiple copies for clerical staff as well, which I'll distribute this weekend.
    I searched the MS Forum database and couldn't find a direct thread about it; is that the case? What I'm wondering is whether members or others have discussed, at length, their strategies and outcomes when they've tried to persuade their resistent clergy to at least listen to a proposal for implementing the "Inclina Domine" model into a regular Sunday rotation of Masses?
    I'm being as (positively) subversive and seductive (pardon the very un-PC term) with having thus far implemented the brick-brick since '07: Introit, an Offertorio now and then, and Communios along with the familiar hymns and ordinary movements that are chanted. But, we're a huge parish that is definitely not St. Stephen's or St. John Cantius. Can we initiate a discussion that contains the anecdotal advice for moving us towards this most Catholic of art forms, but doesn't draw the "political heat" that lobbying for the EF has received when I've brought it up?