English setting of Office of Readings and Morning Prayer for Triduum
  • denroden
    Dipping into the collective wisdom here. Our parish will be adding Office of Readings and Morning Prayer Good Friday and Holy Saturday this year and I was hoping to find these already set to English chant. My internet search so far has only found the GIA setting of morning prayer. Our parish is already pretty comfortable singing Source & Summit antiphons. Thanks for any leads! - Dennis
  • RevAMG
    The Like Burning Incense Antiphonary from the Monastery of the Blessed Sacrament, Cloistered Dominican Nuns, has English settings of Morning Prayer, but not the Office of Readings. The same would be true of the The Mundelein Psalter. Since very few resources have the Office of Readings, I would use simple chant tones (Meinrad, Bevenot, Hughes, Murray, etc.) and point the psalms myself. I know in seminary we chanted both the Office of Readings and Morning Prayer on those days, using Gregorian tones with English text.
  • denroden
    Thanks, just ordered the Mundelein Psalter.
  • If you are interested our community has noted the entire LOH in monastic tones in English- just send me a private message and I can figure out how to send you the files.
    - Sr Marie
  • I do hope the next edition of Mundelein includes Office of Readings for Christmas, Maundy Thursday, and Good Friday.