Prayers, please, for those of us at "Ground Zero"
  • Santa Clara county claims that its rules don't single out churches for unfair treatment, and the 9th circuit apparently agrees.

Please pray for all the parishes in our diocese, for our local bishop, and for all the musicians who are being prevented from fulfilling their proper office.

Pray, also, for the conversion of those souls in public office who see nothing wrong with the county regulations.
  • News this evening:

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the County Health officer is, in nursing terms, FOS. Indoor worship may not be prohibited, full stop. Since businesses are limited to 20%, churches apparently can be, too, but I'll have to read the decision in depth. My guess is that what it actually says is closer to "Whatever capacity they can keep safe, they can keep."

Please continue to pray for us, and for those who will continue to try to persecute us, thereby shooting themselves in the foot.

My wife tells me that we can also have singing, in a separate room?????That has to go on the list with tone-deaf remarks from other public officials.
    Thanked by 4tomjaw Elmar Drake CCooze
  • Elmar
    ... that we can also have singing, in a separate room?????
    That has to go on the list with tone-deaf remarks from other public officials.
    That's not far from displaying pre-recorded choral singing form earlier years on church screens...
    Anyone ever heard of singing being intregral part of liturgy? At least we always have had a cantor, and people are invited to active participation by prayerful listening... yes, this is NO.
    Thanked by 3Drake CHGiffen CCooze
  • CCoozeCCooze
    I would be 100% willing to attend a Low (TLM) Mass on Sundays, if we could not have "singing."

I thought people had moved beyond the idea that people in an eagle's nest were supposedly spraying congregations with spit.

I watched clips from the questioning of Becerra about his suing ("the Federal Government") to force the Little Sisters to provide contraceptive coverage. His prepared non-response was laughably sad. SO many politicians and legislators care not for the actual welfare of anyone, but only what they can accomplish without hurting themselves in any way. It's still an "us v. them" game, only people side with whomever is in power, because they can.
    What a nightmare.
    I'll pray for you all.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • chonakchonak
    singing in a separate room

An arrangement like that was used at St. John Cantius to cope with attendance limits last year when they were most stringent: the singers were in another room, and their sound was fed into the church.
  • Chonak,

"Fed", how?
  • chonakchonak
    I wasn't there; I only watched the video. Maybe it was a miracle.
    Thanked by 3CHGiffen Elmar MarkS