Petition to Rome...Graduale Romanum and Simplex
  • noel jones, aagonoel jones, aago
    I'd suggest that with the Holy Father's understanding and use of the Internet, this might filter down a bit.

Can we formulate a petition suggesting that the Graduale Romanum and Simplex be made available as free downloads for the use of the Catholic world?
  • chonakchonak
    A good idea. For a start, we could ask the respective publishers directly for permission.

The Simplex may be the easier case. Once upon a time, I wrote to the Libreria Editrice Vaticana asking permission to copy a chant from the Graduale Simplex, to print it on T-shirts. They kindly waived any royalty fee, since I was proposing to donate any profits to a charitable cause.

(The project never came off, by the way.)

So I figure they are not very demanding about getting royalty payments!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Noel,

Are you aware that the GRADUALE is already available for free, thanks to Jeff Tucker & the Vatican editors (the monks of Solesmes)?
  • chonakchonak
    Well, not all of it: the Gregorian Missal is most of the Graduale Romanum -- the weekdays and saints' days are omitted;
  • noel jones, aagonoel jones, aago
    I must be losing my mind...if not just my memory! I did know that. Thanks.
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    we probably need to get the new Graduale up there. I haven't broached that yet with Solesmes.
  • dvalerio
    The Simplex online would be great!
  • marajoymarajoy
    I was just wondering about this! (see my other most recent post...)
  • For those conversant in Gregorio, I've compiled the Introits, Offertories, and Communios of the Graduale Simplex in GABC format.

Anyone want to commission its completion? ;¬)
  • BenBen
    so.... who's going to email the publishers? :)

I'd love to see this happen.