Saint Michael Hymanl
  • Does anyone have any insights into a forthcoming new edition of SMH, and the changes therein?
  • I know the editors. I’ll ask them.
  • Here's a picture from their Facebook page with some info
    1080 x 2160 - 886K
  • The fact that they are including Mass of the Immaculate Conception by Peter Latona would convince me.
  • ncicero
    I'm for one am very excited about this new edition and cannot wait to get my hands on it! Our pastor has been bugging me about a new hymnal, and I haven't really felt comfortable with anything on the market currently, but perhaps St. Michael V will convince me!
  • Kathy
    It looks like they are emphasizing brand new propers and ordinaries, and tried and true hymnody.
    Thanked by 1Brian Michael Page
  • Kathy
    It may be that they are also strategically focusing on making connections with diocesan and cathedral music directors by featuring their music. These are excellent composers and the connections are worth making.
  • Great point, Kathy. These should be the featured contemporary composers instead of the OCP recording artists.
  • Richard - Linda said that the new edition, after some renovations, will be going to the printer shortly after Thanksgiving, and will be ready for purchase roughly six weeks after. Hope this helps.