OCO 2015: optional antiphons for Nunc dimittis
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    I'm currently reworking my Latin Compline booklet and trying to include the optional antiphons for the Nunc dimittis provided in de 2015 OCO.

We discussed these antiphons back in 2016 in this thread. This is a follow-up.

While researching the antiphons again, I finally found the source for the one for Easter and Sundays (Vigilemus omnes cum Christo): Paris, B.N., lat. 903, Graduale de St.-Yrieix, f. 146r

Great find, but there's no transcription available, as far as I know. Paléographie Musicale XIII (1925) only has ff. 1-133r, which contain the graduale.

Does someone know of a transcription, or is able to transcribe the chant?
    Thanked by 1GerardH
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    I’ve done transcriptions from this source before so I should be able to manage. Give me a couple weeks and I’ll get it to you.
    Thanked by 1smvanroode
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    Great, many thanks! I'm looking forward to it!
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    Some updates on these optional antiphons:

Gregem tuum is also transcribed in the 2015 Salterio Corale of the Abbazia di Praglia (p. 316). See the attachment. In de manuscripts, there are a couple of melodic traditions of this antiphon, all close together but still different in some respects. It seems that the monks of Praglia used a melody close to A-KN 1010, f. 94v. EDIT: So close! The index of the Salterio says A-KN 1013, f. 109v-110r

Vigilemus omnes can also be found in (alas, no digital scans):
    - Montserrat, Biblioteca de l’Abadia, ms. 72, p. 64 (12th century)
    - E-Bbc (Barcelona) E-Bbc, Ms. 619, f. 22r (14th century)
    - Cantoral del Convento de la Concepción de Palma de Mallorca, E-Pm, f. 28r (14th century)