Graphics help needed
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    I cannot find a couple of my old books, and I need a graphic out of one of them. Does anyone have access to an old "St. Joseph Continuous Sunday Missal"? The inside of the cover and bookplate has a design that I need this weekend. It's a Gothic style wall paper, with the "Lamb of God" on an Altar. The Altar area is clear, probably for the Missal owner to put his/her name. If some one could scan this, it would be greatly appreciated. My email is in the Members area.
  • chonakchonak
    I sent a grayscale version; let me know if you need color.
    Thanks. B/W is fine. I appreciate it.
    I used it yesterday. It's now part of the CMAA clip-art collection:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicasacra/3521437705/?edited=1
    It's a JPG. I usually insert TIF files. If that's what you need, and you can't convert file formats, send me an email.
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    Steve, I moved it to JPG because it's my impression that tif files are not as scalable
    I'm not sure which is easier to use, or which is more compact. I find TIF totally scalable, at least in MSWord or WordPerfect. Virtually all my graphics are TIF, including all of my Finale output. I thought it was just something about the Forum that didn't like that format.
  • chonakchonak
    JPEG format is much more compact. It achieves great compression by compromising fine details of the original image. For this reason, JPEG is called a "lossy" compression format.

TIF, on the other hand, uses no compression. In the middle is the newer format PNG, which uses compression, but does not sacrifice any image information.
    But I'm only using binary files. Most of my TIF files are tiny for that reason. Even gray-scale adds tons of bits. I find it difficult enough to get the church's printers to NOT give me gray-scale, and keep super-clean b/w artwork. I guess it's just what you're used to.
  • G
    I moved it to JPG because it's my impression that tif files are not as scalable
    JPEG format is much more compact. It achieves great compression by compromising fine details of the original image. For this reason, JPEG is called a "lossy" compression format.
    TIF, on the other hand, uses no compression. In the middle is the newer format PNG, which uses compression, but does not sacrifice any image information.
    I'm only using binary files

Oh great, it's not enough that you evil CMAA types are trying to force John and Mary Pewsitter to sing in Latin, but now you are cluttering the internet with, what is that, Martian? ;o)

In all sincerity, I cannot tell you how grateful this technidiot is for what you are doing. (I can't operate a nail fclipper without an owner's manual)
    (Save the Liturgy, Save the World)