Masses by Rev. H. Gruender
  • Once again I need your help. I am looking for masses by Rev. H. Gruender, especially his Missa Liturgica and his Missa cum Jubilo. Any idea where I could find them?
    Thanks again,
    D.
  • Jeffrey Quick
    The 2-part Mass arrangements that were published by Singenberger have been digitized and are available from http://jeffreyquick.com/catholicromantic/index.php?title=Gründer,_Hubert,_1870-1940. That doesn't include the 2 you are specifically looking for though.... which are also not on WorldCat, and AbeBooks doesn't have them. Hopefully somebody here has them. They were published by McLaughlin & Reilly, and I've got to run to work right now and can't find who is managing their copyrights right now.

EDIT: Sorry about the broken link; it works now.
  • chonakchonak
    If I remember right, Summy-Birchard has the rights to McLaughlin & Reilly publications.
  • Nobody with those hidden gems in their library?
    D.
  • Jeffrey Quick
    They're both represented in the Bruce Larsen Collection at St. Johns University (Larsen was Richard Proulx' teacher.). The terms of access are pretty draconian; it depends what you want them for, and of course it will cost you.
  • vansensei
    I'm 25 minutes away in St. Cloud. Just found a new resource. Hopefully I can be there in person.