Veni Jesu, Amor Mi
  • Don9of11Don9of11
    Does anyone have any information on the origin of the words for this hymn? I've searched the internet and couldn't uncover anything save it's composer as Luigi Cherubini and one other composer C. Bohm.
  • What do you mean by “origin of the words of this hymn”? It’s a devotional Blessed Sacrament hymn.

The words are pretty common sentiments of anyone with a great devotion to the Blessed Sacrament. When we first started singing this hymn, I basically could have come up with the words for it, as it was basically the sentiments of my heart whenever I received communion or visited the Blessed Sacrament. I don’t think there’s any specific origin of them.
    Thanked by 1madorganist
  • Don9of11Don9of11
    I've come to expect that most Latin hymns were written by someone. I suppose I shouldn't have said origin but rather who is the author. This hymn is probably then a common saying or ejaculation as you have suggested and cannot be attributed to anyone person.

• the Cherubini has only four words. For the altos, that one is a real one note samba ...zzz
    My mother (soprano) loved it. But me? Alto.
    I won’t program it.
    Maybe the Bohm is better