Latin Mass at the 2020 Religious Ed Congress?
  • MarkB
    Um, no... this isn't what people mean who say they want a Latin Mass.

This is what the people in charge in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles think is liturgical music:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz4mhyyC0J8

You don't get to hear the full song, but the portions you do get to hear underneath the narrative (most clearly at the end of the video) are enough to show that it belongs in a nightclub, not the Mass.

The anti border wall imagery and commentary about diversity and "justice" (read "leftist ideology") reveal what the faith in LA is really about.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    That. Is. Execrable.
  • I just wonder if the people writing these songs for use in Mass also contemplate the brutality of Christ's sacrifice on the cross, and the full meaning of the Sacrament of the Eucharist and its true nature, when they believe this is appropriate. More and more, I feel that to couple this happy-clappy music with the true gravity of our faith is essentially false advertising for a religion that most certainly shuns any timidity or silliness at the very core of its theology.

Of the Christian denominations with the most serious Eucharistic theology, we seem to treat it with the least reverence.
  • I was expecting Latin, not Latinx.
    You made me click, MarkB. That's probably confessional-worthy.

But what if LaWreck did host a Latin Mass? It would surely be NO, and if there were chant, it would be backed with guitars.
    Thanked by 1Caleferink
  • Here is a guitar-accompanied mass setting that I am tempted to send to some priests:
    https://chordify.net/chords/kyrie-missa-regia-messe-royale-henri-du-mont-cantuale-antonianum

There are supposedly SIX 'jam sessions' available on the Kyrie!
  • There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and garbage liturgy/music/theology at LAREC
  • francis
    ...and the first and the last are just about the same... i think death might be the better route.