RVW Mass in G Minor
  • Has anyone done up a ‘cheat’ edition for right voices? It’s eminently do-able in that format but just requires some voice changes.

Would be grateful, once again, for some assistance so as to not reinvent wheels!!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'cheat' edition for right voices? The Curwen edition (available for download from IMSLP) seems 'right' to me.
  • He seems to have meant eight voices.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Ohhhhh! But I still don't get the term 'cheat' edition.
  • Like a piano reduction vs open score?
  • Sorry - autocorrect at its best.

I did indeed mean an eight voice edition - the ‘cheat’ is that it then ceases to be double choir per se!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Even Bach had his double choirs sing together on the same 4 parts sometimes in his St. Matthew Passion. RVW is in good company.
  • Well yes - but it would be helpful to have everything set out to make it easy for eight voices.

Think of the jumping around at the section starting ‘Qui tollis’ in the Gloria.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    I don't really see a problem, except for "Dona nobis"; a bit of planning and penciling is called for at "Qui tollis" & "Sanctus" but that's usual for 3-way divisi anyway. If you're under US copyright and can improve on the Curwen layout though, go for it!