SEP Organ Accompaniment - 2nd Edition
  • ryandryand
    Although I thought these would have fizzled out long ago, now five and a half years later there’s still a surprising level of interest in the print editions. Bearing that in mind, I have committed to rewriting these, as they could certainly use some revision. Some years in the trenches with SEP and other Propers settings (Bartlett’s Lumen Christi compositions are wonderful), and the experience of having organized a large project like this before will yield a superior collection lacking the rushed “this will have to do for now” of some dates previously.

The second edition will include options for verse harmonizations but will *not* include the texts. The scripture reference and corresponding SEP page number for verses is clearly noted at the end of each antiphon, so organists may follow along in the Simple English Propers book. This will allow the entire collection to fit into one volume.

Attached are the 3rd and 4th Sundays of Advent. Christmas season forthcoming.

Gaudete in Domino semper!
  • The Simple English Propers have continued to be popular. Thanks very much for doing this, Ryan.
  • ryandryand
    Janet, they sing wonderfully well. I haven’t used them in many years but revisiting the book now I find they are a joy to sing and play through.

Question for Musescore users:
    Why do the staves continue shortly beyond the barline in the file for Advent 3 but not 4? I prefer that little extra at the end of lines so you can actually see the type of naeline, and I can’t seem to recreate it.
    Thanked by 1janetgorbitz
  • ryandryand
    Holy Family thru Baptism of the Lord