Solemn Tone Chant Sheets for EF Mass of Our Lady of Guadalupe
  • I am scheduled to celebrate a Sung Mass (missa cantata) in the Extraordinary Form on December 12th, Our Lady of Guadalupe.
    I'm looking for Solemn Tone chant sheets for the Collect, Epistle, Gospel and Post Communion Prayer.
    I checked the "Chant Sheets" link on the St. Benedict Tridentine Catholic Community website, but there's nothing there.
    Any help will be appreciated.
  • tomjaw
    You could make your own here,
    http://bbloomf.github.io/jgabc/readings.html

You will need to drop in the text with the correct punctuation in the right hand box, other boxes allow you to choose the tones for each piece.
  • The Epistle is the same as that of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and the Gospel is the same as that of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, so you could use the chant sheets from those feasts.

I’m not sure if the collect and post-communion are from other feasts, or if they are unique to Our Lady of Guadalupe.
  • Josh
    For the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, the Postcommunion (Sumptis, Domine, salutis) is taken from the Common of Feasts of Our Lady; however, the Collect is proper to this feast:

Deus, qui sub beatíssimæ Vírginis Maríæ singulári patrocínio constitútos, perpétuis benefíciis nos cumulári voluísti: præsta supplícibus tuis: ut cujus hodie commemoratióne lætámur in terris, ejus conspéctu perfruámur in cælis. Per.
  • tomjaw
    If one looks at this site, we have the Propers and Readings together.

INT. Salve Sancte Parens
    GRA. Que est
    ALL. Flores
    OFF. Elegi
    COM. Non fecit

The INT is common but the other Propers are found in the appendix to the 1962 Graduale Romanum kindly scanned by the CMAA. (Page 4**) They are not found in the earlier 1924 edition.

But the Epistle in the above site gives, Dó­mi­nus pos­sé­dit (Proverbia 8: 22-35) and the Gospel as, In men­se au­tem (Lucas 1: 26-28), now reading above and looking in my hand Missal (St Andrews daily) it gives,
    Epistle, Ego quasi vitis (Eccl 24 23-31) this epistle is also used for Immaculate Heart of Mary (Aug 22), Vigil of the Immaculate Conception (Dec 7th) and Our Lady of Prompt Succour (Jan 15)

Gospel, Exsurgens Maria (Luke 1 39-47) Also used for the Ember Friday in Advent, and the Visitation...

So which is correct? The St. Andrews Daily Missal is full of mistakes... I also note that the date of this feast varies December 12th or November 16th.