God So Loved the World
  • PolskaPiano
    The choir worked diligently on this piece (Noel Goemanne) and we used it on Palm Sunday.
    We may have some extra time during Communion tonight (Holy Thursday). It wouldn't be my first choice from a liturgical standpoint, but would it be inappropriate or ill fitting to use tonight?

Secondly- just venting- I had to scrap a choral piece for Easter Vigil (a second communion hymn) because it wasn't ready (due to poor choir attendance for a couple of weeks when it was introduced a month ago) The bass and tenors were still grappling with their parts at this week's rehearsal. I still haven't figured what to put in its place. I need to figure out what we're doing soon.
  • francis
    Do something they know well... it’s late!
    Thanked by 2JL cesarfranck
  • We're doing the Mozart Ave Verum Corpus tonight for our second communion piece. My choir can always pull it together quickly (even with dynamics!!!).
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen cesarfranck
  • We are singing the same Goemanne piece for Palm Sunday and Good Friday this year. I might rather use it on those days instead of Holy Thursday, but if you have the piece ready to go, fo for it!
  • ghmus7
    Noel Goemanne was the former music director of the Seminary where I work, He was a major composer, and may he be singing among the angels.