Wedding propers within the Ordinariate mass
  • HI,

I am playing a wedding within the Ordinariate and it is also my first in um....several years. Anyone know where I might find the propers? I am really great and falling down rabbit holes, but am hoping to not in this instance.

I realize it is Holy Week and everyone is buried in the beautiful music, but if you happen to have time to point me in a direction, I would be most appreciative. The wedding is in June and though it is during the week, it will be a Solemn High Mass.

Also, any musical suggestions for pre-mass and a postlude that would be possible on a Roland-230 organ would also be helpful. I have no pedals to work with and only one manual. The upper register often sounds screechy to me, so when I read that the bride would like Canon in D (Pachelbel) I just kind of nodded and told her that I would see how it sounded. I suggested "See, the conqu'ring hero comes!" or Grand Choeur Dialogue by Eugéne Gigout but I need to give her a few more options.

Thank you!

• Are you looking for psalm-tone settings of the propers, or are you looking to use the full Gregorian melodies?

There are two formularies for the Nuptial Mass in the Ordinariate missal:

Introit: Deus in loco sancto
    Gradual: Timete Dominum
    Alleluia: Mittat vobis
    Tract (if in pre-Lent or Lent): Ecce sic benedicetur
    Offertory: In te speravi
    Communion: Beati mundo corde

Introit: Deus Israel
    Gradual: Uxor tua
    Alleluia: Mittat vobis
    Tract (if in pre-Lent or Lent): Ecce sic benedicetur
    Offertory: In te speravi
    Communion: Ecce sic benedicitur
    Thanked by 1ElizabethBoydston
  • Elizabeth Boydston -

I have the nuptial propers in three forms, all in Old Church English -
    1) Gregorian, adapt. Palmer and Burgess
    2) Psalm Tone Version - as in the Anglican Use Gradual
    3) Anglican Chant Version - as arr. MJO

I can send these to you by mail if you wish to send me your address.
    (I cannot send them by e-mail.)
  • THANK YOU. I just sent you my address. Please let me know if I can reimburse postage.
  • And thank you Joseph -- I appreciate this, very much!!!