Jogueschant.org adds translations
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Friends,

Just FYI, we are slowly adding translations to each score on jogueschant.org.

Also, within the next week, expect another large batch of books released at the St. John Lalande Free PDF Library of Rare Liturgical books

This page will help you keep our projects straight.
  • a1437053a1437053
    This is quickly turning into THE place to go.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Just wait till next year, because all the folks who have been contributing --- their chants will be options as well !!!

You see, folks have been contributing recordings AFTER they sing on Sunday, so next year we are set !!!

I am very grateful.
  • BenB
    Jeff,

Thank you so much for all the hard work you and others have put into not only the Jogues Chant webpage, but all the marvelous work of the Corpus Christi Watershed. I love how you have dedicated pages to the North American martyrs. I notice St. Jean de Brebeuf doesn't have a page in his honor yet (...or he very well could... I haven't gotten to explore everything yet!) I hope it's something good in the works for him, if not already there. I had the privelege of venerating his relics and those of the other martyrs at a visit to the Martyrs Shrine in Midland, Ontario, an experience I will not soon forget. I have no doubt they are smiling down on these wonderful efforts to restore the liturgy in this land they gave their lives to evangelize.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    God bless you, BenB !

We do, indeed, have plans to honor holy St. Brebeuf.
  • mjcurtis
    Jeff. I think your site is a great resource and great idea. I started the www.chanttracks.com website a couple months ago and have received great response thus far.

However, I am very disappointed with the quality of the singers and the recordings. I hope I am not offending anyone by saying this. I realize that they are supposed to be a learning tool to learn the notes, in which the current tracks can accomplish. I'm sure the in the beginning stages of the site, it may be just a starting point. However, I do not think that it represents chant and sacred music well. I know some may disagree, and I would love to hear different opinions.

As a proposition, I am interested in donating my chants. I will soon have many of the ordinary (150 or so) chants ready and am planning on redoing many of the current Propers (475) that are already on my site to create a better quality. I could also fill in any holes the site may have. Could you please email me at mjcurtis@viterbo.edu to discuss this further? Thanks!

Matt
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Dear Matt,

Thank you so much! I just E-mailed you.

By the way, for those who are viewing this conversation, the whole idea behind Isaac Jogues is "If you can do better, do so!"

That is what I did with Chabanel Psalms, and a whole bunch of people who are more talented came forward and gave better settings.
  • a1437053a1437053
    Having purchased Matt's tracks, I will agree that they are well done and I hope there could be way to include them!
  • Anhaga
    JoguesChant.org is a great website! It is really helpful for practicing propers and appreciating the beauty of chants.

A minor suggestion: The proper settings in JoguesChant.org follow OF; they do not quite exactly match EF. With the EF proper arrangement, it will be the perfect website for chant proper practice.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Dear Anhaga,

Thanks for the comments!

Believe it or not, we are working on releasing a whole DIFFERENT page that has the EF calendar. We want to get this up ASAP, and this wonderful CMAA forum has allowed us to find someone who is going to help us, since I am overwhelmed for the next few months.

Please see here for details