OF Easter Wednesday Propers
  • veromaryveromary
    I'm preparing for a camp with Masses, 3 EF, 2 OF and all good with the EF, but thinking I should try for some propers.

I'm in Australia, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I don't have a current OF missal to check texts.

Anyway, the OF Masses are Easter Wednesday and ANZAC Day.
  • a_f_hawkins
    Thursday of the Easter Octave will take precedence even over Solemnities of the Lord, so presumably over ANZAC Day.
    The Latin Propers for the OF from the current Gradual are in fact the same as those for the EF, for both days. Or did you want the English from the Missal?
    Thanked by 1veromary
  • a_f_hawkins
    I have just become aware, thanks to Fr David Friel at ccWatershed, that Fr Weber's Propers for Weekdays are available. This pdf contains the propers you want, in English, to a choice of settings from adapted full Gregorian to one-step-up-from-recto-tono. Easter Wednesday starts on p.357 of the posted pdf, p.333 of the book. I hope the translation is allowable in your neck of the woods.
    Thanked by 1veromary
  • veromaryveromary
    I hope the translation is allowable too!
    They're short and easy and look very official, so I think that will work.
  • RevAMG
    The organ accompaniments for Fr. Weber's The Proper of the Mass (for Sundays) are available HERE. They can also be directly downloaded in one 60MB PDF HERE.

Volume II of The Proper of the Mass (for weekdays of the temporal cycle) can be directly downloaded HERE. There is no complete organ accompaniment for this volume yet.

Remember that Fr. Weber permits not-for-profit, private use only reproduction as long as the following is included: "Chant settings by Fr. Samuel F. Weber, O.S.B. Copyright © 2017 Saint Meinrad Archabbey, St. Meinrad, IN 47577-1010. All rights reserved. Used with permission."
    Thanked by 1veromary