• Dnels
    Our pastor wants to do an EF missa cantata on Saturday April 13th. It is the Saturday of Passion week before Palm Sunday. There are no specific propers for that day. Where are the sung propers for these unusual days? How do I find them?

His instruction to me was this :
    If you have a missal handy you are looking for Sabbato infra Hebdomadam Passionis

Help!!! Thank you.
  • Josh
    To find these Propers, simply consult the Graduale Romanum 1961, which you can download from this page.

When you turn to page 165, you will find a rubric in Latin which states that the Proper for the Saturday after Passion Sunday is the same as that for the Friday after Passion Sunday, except that the Tract is omitted.

Therefore, the Introit is Miserere mihi Domine (on pages 163 to 164), the Gradual is Pacifice loquebantur on page 164 (and there is no Tract at all), the Offertory is Benedictus es Domine (p. 165), and the Communion is Ne tradideris me (p. 165).

I attach copies of these from the Graduale in case you can't easily download it.
  • You can also find these in the Proprium de Tempore section of the Institute of Christ the King's Sacred Music Page.
    Link to the pdf file: Saturday in Passion Week.
  • Dnels
    Thank you so much. We have JUST BEGUN these masses in the last 6 months. So I'm trying to claw my way through to find all the proper ones. Again, many thanks!!!