in search of ... Giovanni Maria Nanino
  • surely everything Nanino wrote is in public domain (?)

I'd like to have his "Adoramus Te Christe", but do not find it in the usual public resources. Any ideas?
  • I agree - I was unable to locate this for free. I did see something available for purchase ($6 per - min 5 copies), written for SSATB. It is the 2nd of the two options (the first is Lassus): https://www.greatscores.com/Adoramus_Te_Christe/sheet-music/3888277

IMSLP looked promising for a moment, but was not to be.
  • Said link is for the Chester Motet Book - one of them for five voices. Such books typically contain 5-8 individual pieces for about $20 apiece.
    Thanked by 1mmeladirectress
  • Incardination - thanks for your reply! I didn't find it on IMSLP either.

SSATB is unfortunately beyond our little choir. The piece is lovely, however. Gloriae Dei Cantores recorded it on their CD, "Masters of the Renaissance".
  • Adoramus te is on p. 288 of the 2nd volume of Msgr. Richard Joseph Schuler's dissertation _The Life and Works of Giovanni Maria Nanino_ (PhD, University of Minnesota 1963) along with other goodies, including a number of 3-voice pieces. The manuscript notation isn't beautiful, but it's functional. You can get this for a fee via ProQuest in Ann Arbor in various forms, or borrow it from a library that's holding it.