Ludu moj ludu - Looking for English translation
  • KyleM18
    Hello all!
    Does anyone have an English metered translation of the Polish Hymn "Ludu moj ludu"? It's based on the Reproaches, so if anyone has or knows of a hymn version of the Reproaches in English, could you pass it along as well? My pastor wants to use the reproaches, but we don't have a strong enough choir for a choral setting.
    Thanks in advance,
    Kyle M.
  • I've got Ludu moj ludu in English I will try to get to you later. For now, the easiest version of the Reproaches out there is contained in the Lalemant Propers, available on the Corpus Christi Watershed website. It is all in mode II, and can be pulled off quite elegantly. The melody is easy enough that, even if your choir can't read the four line square note notation, they can pick up the melody by ear and sing it with no problem. Another easy source which sounds suitably somber and beautiful is Aristotle Esguerra's Graduale Simplex Reproaches in mode IV. You can probably locate it on this website.
    It would not have to be chanted in 4 parts; everyone could just chant the top line.
    Thanked by 3CHGiffen chonak KyleM18
  • hilluminar
    Sorry it took so long to get this to you, and sorry it is not a great copy, but here Ludu moj ludu in English.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen