General Forum Question
  • Greetings! It appears the moderators closed a discussion I started and I have no way of contacting them to figure out why (that would be an exceptionally helpful feature to add to this website). Anyone have recommendations on where I can advertise an opening for a director of religious education? I thought I would start here, though it is not music, since folks here are concerned about the welfare of the Church and striving to improve it. God bless you all!

Daniel K.
  • MarkB
    All job postings are closed and pegged to the top of the message board. Closed because there's no need for public discussion; pegged to the top so they remain visible. Your post isn't being treated any differently than other job postings.
    Thanked by 1cesarfranck
  • You can contact our webmaster any time by emailing contact@musicasacra.com.
  • Brahms8,

If I recall correctly, the administrators decided that they would immediately close off all job announcements so that they could be read, but not commented on. That way, the announcement appears as the poster desires, instead of with (sometimes helpful, sometimes snarky) commentary.
    Thanked by 2Liam cesarfranck
  • CharlesW
    We miss those snarky comments. LOL. Seems most of those ads have already appeared somewhere else and are even out of date by the time they show up here.
  • Thank you all! I am not completely familiar with the the forum lingo. Learn from this pupil, all ye musicasacra novices! Since there’s no commenting enabled, I’ll add my email to the original post. God bless!

DK
  • chonakchonak
    Hi, brahms8!

You can reach me by email as Janet indicated, or send me a PM through the forum.

We close job announcement threads because leaving them open would leave them subject to practically anonymous comments and questions from people objecting to some detail in the ad. That's not a friendly environment that would encourage announcements. We"d like the announcements to function like classified ads, even though there's no charge for them.

By the way, it's OK to discuss some issue raised by a job announcement, by starting a new discussion thread.
    Thanked by 1cesarfranck
  • francis
    I didn’t know we were supposed to be a friendly environment ;)

I better go back through my 8000 posts and revise them
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • CharlesW
    As W.C. Fields stated:

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
    Thanked by 2cesarfranck Carol
  • francis
    This is the church MILITANT. Yes?

mil·i·tantDictionary result for militant
    /ˈmiləd(ə)nt/Submit
    adjective
    combative and aggressive in support of a political or social cause, and typically favoring extreme, violent, or confrontational methods.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • CharlesW
    Francis, I wish it were a little more militant. It has almost become a society of politically correct wimps. Instead of being a contradiction to the popular culture, it often imitates that culture.
    Thanked by 1francis