A Video for Thanksgiving (Sort of)
  • I just stumbled across this documentary on YouTube. I had never heard of Clive Wearing before but from what it say of his career the gentleman seems top-notch. His experience after his illness certainly seems like a traumatic, but I think there are some valuable lessons to take away from all of this:

1. Never take for granted your memory. Even if there's a lot in your past that you'd rather not remember, be thankful for the fact that you have the option to do that. Clive's case is almost like a psychological Job - having lost your mind you lose everything.
    2. Despite all that, God was kind enough to Clive to allow him to retain (what I feel) are the two most important things in life: music and love. (I find the spiritual journey that his wife Deborah goes through moving as well. But quite apt. You feel through the documentary just how truly remarkable a woman she is, and how such a profound love could leave it's mark on another person.)
    3. The old Arabic proverb - "Man forgets, but God remembers."

I won't say more. Take a look for yourselves. I'd love to hear your thoughts, and hear if anyone on this forum has recordings by this gentleman. I'm thankful for all of you, this week and every week!