Guido and Ronald
  • gregpgregp
    I thought that someone might mention this, but no one has, so...

Last Saturday, the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest held a Solemn High Mass (Extraordinary Form, of course) at the Mission San Jose in Fremont, CA, to celebrate the ordination (in Italy) of six seminarians to the deaconate (and the Feast of St. Benedict). Several choral groups, including Dr. Mahrt's choir, were there to sing the Propers and the Ordinary from the Mission Mass. The Mass itself was SRO, and it was a wonderful thing that, after the Last Gospel, everyone (and I mean everyone) sang "Ave Regina Caelorum".

I was not there to sing; I was just taking a Busman's Holiday, but the really mind-blowing thing happened before the Mass. I stopped at a McDonald's less than a mile away from the Mission, and you will never, in your wildest dreams, guess what was in that particluar McDonald's.

Our Parish webmaster posted them for me here:

http://monterey-tlm.blogspot.com/2009/03/prelude-to-missa-solemnis-visit-to.html
  • That is very cool! Did anyone record?
  • gregpgregp
    Not that I know of; I'll find out. We'll have some pictures of the Mass itself later today - those were just cell phone pics.