The English Motets site . . . ready at last!
  • Heath
    Dear CMAA friends,

This project, years in the making, is finally ready to go!

Take a gander here:

englishmotets.com

A few items:

--I would be thrilled if you were to sign up for the email list at the bottom of the homepage, even if you're not sure you want to subscribe to the site; I'll only send about one email per month with announcements, new additions to the site and maybe the occasional free motet!

--A subscription to the site (I think you'll find the prices very reasonable!) grants you LIFETIME access for only ONE payment. I hope that churches will find this a good use of financial resources for their music budget!

--In case you're new to this forum (the veterans are probably tired of me talking about this :), for several years I've re-set polyphonic works in Latin with singing English translations. I've released a few printed collections (search my name on lulu.com) but I decided that a website may be a better outlet for my work at this point. All the motets from "Bread From Heaven" and "English Motets for the Church Year" are included here; my Lassus collection, "Everlasting Joy in You", will be added sometime in 2019.

In a similar vein as the various English chant projects we've been blessed with in the past few years, my hope is to combine the transcendence of the polyphonic masters with an accessibility for our congregations that the vernacular can provide.

(NB I'm *not* trying to raise the hackles of the Latin-only crowd! I love me a good TLM, I swear!)

--Do let me know how this venture can be improved! I'm hoping to do my part to add to the resources we can use to beautify the liturgy in our churches!

--Finally, please spread the word to any colleagues you feel may benefit from what the site has to offer!

Blessings,
    Heath Morber

englishmotets.com
  • CharlesW
    Nice. How much? Didn't see that anywhere.
    Thanked by 1Heath
  • Heath
    Charles, did I bury the lede? : )

(Update: March 2019)

$30

Again, you pay it only ONCE!
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • Heath
    Here are the pieces currently on the site:

Link

Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • This will be ordered first thing in morning. The price is very reasonable and it will be useful with a small ensemble I am forming for interested singers in my choir.
  • Heath
    cesarfranck, good to hear, thanks!
  • Heath
    Free motet when you join the email list! Also, I'll plan on adding a free motet to my monthly newsletter.

I say this now because the first newsletter will be coming out in the next 24 hours! You can subscribe to the email list at the bottom of the home page.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
  • Heath
    Here's the newsletter, including a FREE motet, previews of what's new and a Christ the King recording:

https://mailchi.mp/0da6479a540c/english-motets-november-update?e=6641f6d1db

Enjoy!
  • Heath
    Thanked by 1janetgorbitz
  • Heath
    Friends, quick update: I've eliminated the tiered pricing structure and now you can acquire a subscription for only $30, no matter the size of your parish!

I'll have a few other announcements in the coming months, so make sure you hop on the mailing list. A blessed Lent to all!
  • Heath
    I'll be sharing my own SATB Anima Christi on the English Motets email list early next week...sign up at the main site to get the free PDF!

• Heath
    (Apologies for the cross posting on two threads)

Friends, with your help, I've written a "Concise History of Music in the Catholic Mass" (My subtitle may be "20 centuries in 20 pages" :) )...and I'd love to get some feedback from my esteemed colleagues!

I'll be sending it out probably Wednesday morning (July 10) on the mailing list for my website, www.englishmotets.com (you can sign up at the bottom of the home page). If you're interested, sign up and check out the site while you're there! :)

Blessings,
    Heath
    Thanked by 1JonathanLC
  • Heath
    What was one of my COVID projects, you ask? A book chapter on choir recruitment/retention. A REAL helpful chapter in this time, no doubt. /sarcasm

(hey, read it now, start prepping for choir recruiting in Fall 2021)

I'll be sending it out in my monthly English Motets email on Wednesday; you can sign up for the newsletter on the www.englishmotets.com site.

Blessings,
    Heath
    Thanked by 1janetgorbitz
  • marymezzomarymezzo
    Heath, we'll need it eventually--so thanks in advance. By the way, I just bought a membership to englishmotets.com.
    Thanked by 2Heath janetgorbitz
  • Heath
    Friends, I'll be sending out my latest book chapter (congregational singing) to the English Motets list on Tuesday of next week (7/13/21). In addition, I'll have TWO free motets in the newsletter...if you're interested, sign up for the free email list.

Signup at bottom of this page: www.englishmotets.com

Thanks!
  • donr
    I signed up, for the email and the site. Thanks for the great resource.
    Thanked by 1Heath
  • Heath
    Thank you, Don! Email with goodies to come tomorrow morning. :)
    Thanked by 1ServiamScores
  • Heath,

Do chocolate chip cookies come through e-mails now?
    Thanked by 1Heath