Psalm Response Listing?
  • Has anyone come across a source that has all the Responsorial Psalm responses listed, one after another? A table would be great.

I could see this being a really useful tool...
  • I have one. I'll post a link when I get home tonight.
  • chonakchonak
    A listing for the Sundays and major feasts is in the back of Parish Book of Psalms.
  • Chonak, have just had a look at the Parish Book of Psalms but that’s not quite what I was looking for as it doesn’t have the full text of each psalm response listed.

Bobby, if you could post your listing, I’d be very grateful.

As I go through the year and try to consolidate things, it’s just surprised me that we don’t have these kinds of tools available. I know you can do everything manually, but having just done a full audit of which psalms are the same for Sundays and Feasts across Years A, B and C, I must confess I’m a bit over it!!

Does anyone know the sources for psalm responses and how these differ between translations? I once thought that the responses had been written by ICEL and the psalm text was whatever the local episcopal conference had settled upon, but a quick survey of things happening internationally shows I was mistaken.
  • Here's the link. Sorry it took so long!
    Thanked by 2Elmar CHGiffen
  • Thank you, Bobby - this is SUPERB! Any chance this could be made a permanent part of musicasacra.com?
  • I'm fine with using it in any way that would help
  • Source is the Ordo Lectionum Missae, which is also the source for the psalm verse assignment. Vernacular is produced the same way as the rest of the lectionary for a given language group or conference.