International Gregorian Festival
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    It's been going on 10 years and I only now find out about it: International Gregorian Festival
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    The Link appears not to work...right?
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    fixed
  • Now that would be a fun trip!
  • mjballoumjballou
    I've pined after this festival for years. Wouldn't it be wonderful to put together a schola that represented CMAA?
  • That is a great idea! Give me a few years to get my kids a bit older. It sounds like a great family trip... visit the relatives... sing a little chant... visit a few war museums (have to keep the husband happy).
  • miacoyne
    It would be lovely, especially if I can go with CMAA group. I hope people noticed 'Korean group'(click on 'foto'), the children with Korean costume. So happy to see them.(yes, I'm from Korea.) I met a Korean nun a few years ago at the Westminster choir college conduting workshop. (she was actually a bit disappointed at the workshop. I wish I knew about the colloquium.) She told me about the Korean children's schola she directs, how they train them with solfege. She was very spiritual and musical. I bet they are very good. I'd love to hear them.
  • mjballoumjballou
    The Koreans definitely had the knock-out outfits. And I'm sure they sounded as good as they looked, especially if they're as focused on miacoyne.

And I've always been impressed that singers could come from Korea. At least this year, there will be one ensemble from the USA, coming from St. Johns University (does Fr. Ruff direct that?).
  • miacoyne
    I do have Korean knock-out outfits soemwhere in my closet. We can sing Latin chants in Korean costumes ;-) I think that's the true spirit. (Actaully I found it's easier for us to sing latin than singing English.)