EF Solemn Mass with Mozart, Assumption 2019 -- St. Mary's, Sleepy Eye, MN
  • CMAA Friends,

My parish choirs and members of the local communities will, over the course of the coming year, be preparing the Mozart Coronation Mass, Gregorian Propers, and suitable motets (including Bruckner's "Ave Maria" & Nunes Garcia's "Tota Pulchra Es") for use at a Solemn Mass in the Extraordinary Form next August 15th, the Feast of the Assumption and anniversary of our somewhat monumental parish church's consecration.

Anyone in relative geographic proximity is welcome to join us, whether as a singer or instrumentalist. We will be preparing over the course of the coming year two Tuesday evenings a month; the schedule for the chorus is as follows (orchestra and soloists will follow a somewhat different schedule):

Sept 18
    Oct 9
    Oct 23
    Nov 6
    Nov 20
    Dec 4
    Dec 18
    Jan 8
    Jan 15
    Feb 5
    Feb 19
    March 5
    March 19
    April 2
    April 30
    May 7
    May 21
    June 4
    July 9
    July 23

These rehearsals will be held in the Social Room in the basement of St. Mary's in Sleepy Eye. The social room is elevator accessible, but the gallery from which we will be singing the actual Mass is not.

If you are interested in singing or being part of the orchestra, please PM me for more details, and so I have a more accurate count of available and willing singers and players.

If you could spare an "Ave" for our good success when you read this, it would not be unappreciated!
  • rollingrj
    I wish I was still living in Mankato; I would join you in a heartbeat.