Mass Setting for Christmas
  • Good afternoon everyone! I am interested in a new mass setting to use for Christmas this year. My choir works very hard, and has 2-3 solid music readers in it, but the majority are followers that come out of the goodness of their hearts. Last Christmas, we switched from Haugan's Mass of Creation (which had been used for many years prior) to Jernberg's Mass of St. Philip Neri. We have been pleased with Jernberg's music, but after much construction, we will finally be back in our wonderful loft by Christmas and I'm looking for something special to celebrate it! Given the level of confidence of my choir is somewhere around Easy/Medium - Medium, what do you suggest? I am willing to push, too! We pulled off (after great effort) the Hallelujah Chorus for Easter this year.
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Richard Clark's Mass of the Angels, perhaps?
    Thanked by 1willschill
  • canadashcanadash
    Our choir seems similar to yours and last year we learned Lotti's Missa Brevis and I think it was a success. I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for though: http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/9/94/Ws-lott-mbd.pdf

We sang the Gloria from the Missa De Angelis.
    Thanked by 1willschill
  • KyleM18
    I'd suggest Richard Clark's Mass in honor of St. John Paul II, possibly.
    Thanked by 1willschill
  • We’ve done Yon’s Mass Of the Shepherds.
    Thanked by 1willschill