Table of Propers
  • Palestrina
    Has anyone done up a table of Mass propers from the Graduale for the Missal of Paul VI by year (ie. A, B or C)?

It would be handy to have a table to see what stays the same across the three years and what changes.

Thought I'd ask here before potentially reinventing a wheel.
  • kevinfkevinf
    Cpdl.org has that already done for you. Propers from the 1962 and the 1990 Gregorian missal.
  • Liam
    For example (you need to click on a given occasion and it will supply a table of EF/OF references near the top):

http://www2.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Sacred_music_by_season

Thanked by 1ValerieOestry
  • rich_enough
    Is this what you're looking for?

https://media.musicasacra.com/pdf/propers1974.pdf

As you can see, most of the chants are the same every year, with the exception of the communion chants, which are often different to match the gospels of the 3-year lectionary cycle.

I found two omissions on the chart:
    8th Sunday in Ordinary Time - Communion, Year A: Primum quaerite
    4th Sunday of Lent: when the gospel reading is the man born blind: Lutum fecit
    Thanked by 1Palestrina
  • Is there something like this for diocesan events? I am the fledgling at my diocese for Ordinations (Diaconate and Priesthood), Chrism Mass, Silver and Gold, etc. I would like to go to one place for all this.
  • Palestrina
    Many thanks, rich_enough - that's exactly what I was looking for!

I've made a few modifications around Lent (Fourth and Fifth Sundays) just to clear things up a bit. I think it would be helpful in a subsequent edition of the document to footnote the fact that the Readings from Year A can be used annually and that if this is the case, the Year A Communion Antiphon is also used; the current notes (although correct) are a bit confusing.

ValerieOestry - That's a bit trickier as Ordination (and Jubilee) Masses normally depend on feast day on which the Ordination takes place; Chrism Mass is not so bad (it's the same annually and is just what is in the Graduale).
    Thanked by 1ValerieOestry
  • ValerieOestry - That's a bit trickier as Ordination (and Jubilee) Masses normally depend on feast day on which the Ordination takes place; Chrism Mass is not so bad (it's the same annually and is just what is in the Graduale).

Okay Palestrina - well, Silver and Gold is on 19 Aug, so technically I would use 20th SOT? I already have the music prepped but if I were to go back and reorganize a bit that is what I would do? The other events are in the spring so I have plenty of time.