• Dear Friends, for the feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross on september 14th, I am looking for a TTBB version of Crux fidelis by Juan IV of Portugal. I've tried it myself, but it was awfull. Anyone willing to make this arrangement ?
    Dirk Maes
    Voces Capituli
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    All that's needed is an appropriate transposition, assuming a T1 with a high B and a B2 with low F. If your ensemble can't cover 18 notes Clemens only requires 17; Rore's O crux benedicta only 13.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • I’ve started working on one. I should be done in a day or two.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Here is the "original" (insofar as we know from its earliest publication), in F, scored for ATBB (with A in the tenor clef), and also downward transposed version, in D, scored for TTBB. I should add, that Juan IV is, at best, an attribution, since the work not at all in the style of any 17th century composer. It is widely believed to be by some unknown 19th century composer.
  • Dear Charles, thank you very much ! I suppose Richards answer was well intended but not very usefull. Thank you for taking the time to transpose the piece. Our bishop asked for this piece to be sung althought we are an TTBB ensemble. I tried transposing it myself, but that didn't work out. So thanks again.
  • For your consideration...

• Dear Nathan, thank you very much for this. I thinks this is a less demanding version for the singers, so they will be very happy with it. I'll let you know how the performance went.