choral wedding recessional
  • CGM
    Anyone have any ideas for a choral-organ work that would be good for the recessional at a wedding? Something grand and jubilant, but (probably) under five minutes?
  • CCoozeCCooze
    There's always the THAXTED arrangement. I can't think of it, off-hand, but I'm sure y'all know to what I'm referring.
  • CGM
    The Proulx concertato "O God Beyond All Praising"?
    Thanked by 1CCooze
  • melofluentmelofluent
    "Der Herr segnet euch" (attr. Bach) 2 voices/keyboard. There are plenteous English versions.
    Thanked by 1Andrew_Malton
  • CharlesW
    I actually did the Hallelujah Chorus as the recessional at the request of the bride. I never knew whether it was because she was rejoicing at being married, or if the parents were celebrating that someone actually married her.
  • Carol
    My husband and I had "Ode to Joy" with the "Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee" text sung by the assembly and then we exited to the typical selection I think of as "There Goes the Bride."
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Why should the philosophers have all the best tunes? Here's a postlude we sang for my brother-in-law:
    Thanked by 2Carol MarkS
  • Andrew_Malton
    Did you sing it in Italian complete with the chickens (left out of the English version)?
  • davido
    A friend of mine wrote a work for a wedding recessional, a prayer to St Joseph, as a gift for a fellow choir member who was getting married. 7/4, a little modern, very accessible, not hard for the choir. Choir organ, I highly recommend it. PM me and we can discuss.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Did you sing it in Italian complete with the chickens...
    What do you think? ;-)