Updates and continued prayer requests
  • I finally see the ENT this week for my vertigo and ear problems. A friend suggested some dietary changes and my severe attacks have disappeared since doing them-NO caffeine at all, and no more than 1500mg of sodium per day. Basically, the “Meniere’s Disease Diet”. She’s thinking the ENT will also prescribe diuretics to reduce the fluid pressure in my ear but I’m unsure about taking them, some nasty side effects can happen.

I ended up not taking the old Allen organ, I just couldn’t find the space in the house. We’re also moving in the next year or so and I didn’t want another giant thing to move and deal with when that happens.

The little girl with SMA is responding well to the injections, but had a setback this past week and had to go back to the hospital. It’s common to get upper respiratory infections after these treatments. But she’s finally moving her arms and legs, is able to sit up, grab things, and even started to babble a little bit!

I got a panicked call from a local Catholic parish whose organist left with no warning, they were trying to get a sub this past weekend. I might interview, I might not, undecided until I get more information. Given what I know now it could be another “hornets nest” situation like the one I walked into in my current job. It would involve a bit more travel and I would have to leave my 15 year post in the local symphony to take it, although that sounds big it’s really not because the orchestra is in serious financial trouble and the number of concerts have really shrunk over the years.

I’d go practice but I woke up to a kitchen full of ants and I had to tear everything apart to find out where they were coming from. Life always seems to get in the way, doesn’t it? Thank you for your prayers, everyone.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Asking the intercession of St. Jude Thaddeus.
    Thanked by 1Incardination
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    And St. Philomena for you as well!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    And St. Cecilia for you, too!! Meniere's Disease is a tough one. For sure, cutting WAY BACK on sodium is good for you. Prayers for you, always.
  • CatherineS
    Christ's peace to you!
  • Thank you all so much. Throw my Dad in those prayers too, he’s had severe migraines for years and it’s really been bad lately. He’s got another one today and wasn’t able to come up and finish replacing one of our outside faucets. I think it’s stress, as him and my stepmom are raising my two year old nephew and dealing with my sister’s legal issues. It looks like she may be granted an appeal but they don’t know when. He doesn’t have health insurance and doesn’t qualify for Medicare until next year. The migraine medicine he needs is $1600 a month and they can’t afford it.