Music Resources in South Jersey?
  • MarkM
    I am a former parishioner and choir member at St Paul's, Cambridge, MA, now living in New Jersey. I would like to find church music contacts in Burlington and Camden counties, with the ultimate goal of starting a group to sing traditional hymns (I have the 1983 edition of Hymns, Psalms and Spiritual Canticles), chant, Oxford Book of Carols, etc. Does anyone have any information on resources and/or contacts in this area to get me started?
  • It's not as far south as you, but I'd recommend the Central New Jersey Catholic Chorale and its director Peter Carter to you: See their FB page here.
  • MarkM
    Thank you for the contact!
  • RMSawicki
    Don't forget Mater Ecclesiae in Berlin (a village colloquially known by the Pineys as "Long-A-Comin'"), the only EF-exclusive church in the Camden Diocese...staffed by DIOCESAN priests no less.

I've done extensive organbulidng and servicing work in the South New Jersey area (Ocean, Burlington, Cumberland, and Camden Counties), and have a bunch of musical contacts that may or may not still be active, but give me a few days to run through them and I'll see if I can put you in touch with the right people.

Gaudete in Domino Semper!
  • MarkM
    Thank you as well. Any additional contacts woukd be appreciated...