Anyone have a blank XML file of the Salzburg Tune?
  • deo27
    I am setting Easter Sequence text to the Salzburg tune. Does anyone by chance have a blank XML file of this tune?
    I know everyone is busy this week. Any help is appreciated. :)

• davido
    Hymnary.org

But don’t do it. Sing the Gregorian melody. It is very ancient and was known to Catholics for centuries, it should be known by them now.
  • xml

Do it. More people will sing. None of us are walking in deo27's shoes, so having the sequence sung to Salzburg alone may be a major step foreward.

Thanked by 1deo27
  • Please don't -
    It would be a calumny to sing the Easter sequence to any melody other than its historic plainchant. To do so would be something, sad to say, that only Roman Catholics would even think of. The people ought surely to learn it if they haven't heard it before. This is prime Catholic musical and ritual heritage. Victimae paschali, in Latin or English, is to Easter what Adeste fideles is to Christmas.

Further -
    It might be nice for the congregation to sing it, but, as part of the proper of the mass, it is really the domain of the choir, schola, or a cantor - so having the people sing it would be a bonus - and it would be wonderful if someone loved it and them enough to teach it to them.
  • francis
    I wouldn't go so far to say It's a calumny, but it is very important to use the original.
  • MJO and Francis are right. Just don't do it at all.

Purple may mean humor, may mean sarcasm...or is red sarcasm?

Why not be helpful with a link. Why not direct him to audio files that might encourage singing it in Gregorian chant?

• a_f_hawkins
    Note: The words on that Cantica Nova site described as the approved English text are not the version in use in England&Wales.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Note: The words on that Cantica Nova site described as the approved English text are not the version in use in England&Wales.

If google translate can translate english to latin, why not USCCB to England&Wales?
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • a_f_hawkins
    Two nations divided by a common language. And I even have to misspell colour to print this.
  • deo27
    This worked very well, by the way.
    Thanked by 1noel jones, aago