Worship "Aid"- installation Mass, Stockton CA.
  • eft94530eft94530
    Uh .. "Woohoo for PDF p 20 and 21 !" ?
    Thanked by 1fcb
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Communion music is particularly bad. This is not to mention:
    Please remain standing until all have received communion.
  • a_f_hawkins
    Posture is a large topic.
    It is for the Conference of Bishops, in accordance with the norm of law, to adapt the gestures and bodily postures described in the Order of Mass to the culture and reasonable traditions of peoples.
    Did the clergy not involved in the distribution of Communion remain standing?
  • CCoozeCCooze
    I do like this part:
    "Earlier, the CDW had reaffirmed kneeling after the Ecce Agnus Dei [Behold, the Lamb of God] when it amended the relevant paragraph (no. 43) of the GIRM for the universal Church by adding the following clarifying sentence:

Where it is the custom that the people remain kneeling from the end of the Sanctus until the end of the Eucharistic Prayer, and before Communion when the priest says Ecce Agnus Dei, this is laudably retained. [See AB March 2003, p. 4 sidebar.]"

For years, growing up going to Latin Mass, we didn't stand for the Pater Noster. I understood that they did that in the Novus Ordo, but I was surprised when it was the norm in some TLM parishes.
    There are plenty of times, in both forms of the Mass, that it just doesn't work for me (what with my kids, and all) to stand for the Our Father, and I try really hard to ignore whether or not anyone notices that I am still kneeling.

Anyway... Goodness gracious! (That's all I can muster, regarding this program.)
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen