GABC: copyright footer?
  • Hello,

Does anyone know if it’s possible to indicate a copyright footer in GABC?

I’m looking at starting a project to point readings for singing on various Sundays. I’ve got a good workflow for getting the text notation itself, but not for including a page footer.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
  • chonakchonak
    Not in GABC, but in the LaTeX document surrounding it.
  • I recall, a while back, finding a site that allows edits of LaTeX documents with embedded GABC, but I don’t know that I made it work. Does that sound familiar?

I never sat down and taught myself LaTeX … guess now is the appointed hour.
  • chonakchonak
    If you haven't been running Gregorio locally, go ahead and do so: on a Linux system, install a current edition of TeXLive, and it comes with Gregorio included, so the installation is now slow but simple. Also download the Gregorio source package to get example LaTeX files. You can PM me for further details.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Aternatively, if all you need is something like a copyright footer, you can generate the PDF file for your chant music and then use a program such as pdfedit995 (free download) to add the additional text. This is exactly what I did for my chant setting of Dignare me, O Jesu (see the attached score).
    Thanked by 2CCooze Felipe Gasper
  • After a few hours of slugging it through—and thanks to generous feedback from @chonak!—I’ve got a workable solution in place that assembles nice-looking documents.

Once I have something legally distributable I’ll update the forum with more details.