Advent concert--December 5, Watertown, MA
  • JL
    The season of Christmas concerts is beginning, but out here in the wilds of metro Boston, one plucky little medieval ensemble is sticking with the liturgical season actually happening at the time. If you're in the area next week, the ladies and gents and strange-looking instruments of Meravelha would be delighted to see you Tuesday night at 8, at the Church of the Good Shepherd in Watertown (accessible by bus, and within striking distance of Dunkin' Donuts, should you need a pick-me-up.)

More information can be had (and tickets purchased!) at our website. There will, of course, be snacks following the concert, and a chance to meet the band and discuss obscure points of chant and such. You might even find a cool piece or two to take home to your own choir.

• I really do wish that I could come.
    I shall be there in spirit!

AND - Lessons and Carols....

If any are in Houston on Advent II, the 10th December
    Come to Walsingham at 4.00pm for Advent Lessons and Carols
    By the Cathedral Choir and Chorus Angelorum
    Reception to follow
  • In Cincinnati:
    ** Lessons and Carols - Athenaeum Chorale at St. Gregory the Great chapel in Mt. St. Mary's Seminary (AKA the Athenaeum) - Thursday 12/7 at 7:30 PM
    ** Rorate Mass - Latin Mass Schola at Old St. Mary's - Saturday 12/16 at 6:45 AM - breakfast goods for sale afterward.

If you've never experienced a Rorate Mass, I encourage you to stop by. No lights, just candles, Mass ends as the day is dawning. Symbolic of the coming of the Light of the world. The Mass Propers are from Masses of the BVM on Saturdays in Advent (Introit = Rorate).
  • chonakchonak
    I'm sure that ad has a typo: they can't already be scheduling concerts for 12/5/2018!
    Thanked by 2JL M. Jackson Osborn
  • JL
    Thank you, Chonak--I didn't even notice. Buy a concert ticket, get free time travel!
  • chonakchonak
    I'd attend, but I have a conflicting rehearsal that evening. Best of luck: the names I recognize are fine musicians!