• Richard MixRichard Mix
    There was an especially inane BBC item last night about Santa Ines in Seville, the radio version opening with a the Midsummer Night's March on a tinny simulacrum, which was repeated with wrong notes at the announcer's words "but the organ is broken...".
    Piporg-l is quiescent and I haven't found any 'real news' yet; I just hope the restoration hasn't been along these lines.
    Thanked by 1chonak
  • eft94530eft94530
    If the octogenarian had been permitted to finish the task then I am sure we would enjoy her interpretation of Andy Warhol interpreting Ernie Bushmiller.
  • What a treasure!
    Let us pray that the gratis 'restorers' know what they are doing.
    It would be nice to hear some de Cabezon and such on this instrument.
  • ronkrisman
    Three comments so far, and I still don't know what this discussion is about. Am I alone? Does it matter?
    Thanked by 1M. Jackson Osborn
  • CharlesW
    I have gone through organ rebuilds and restorations. Being able to play doesn't give you credentials to supervise either. It helps, but you need some understanding of instrument mechanics and how organs basically work. Knowledge of acoustics and what the builder intended when installing the instrument helps greatly. Granted, some organs shouldn't be "restored" since they were badly designed to begin with. Improvement is the goal in those cases.

Treat that 80+year-old who fancies herself an artist as you should treat a nun approaching the building with a guitar in hand - shoot her.
  • a_f_hawkins
    It looks from this as though the restorers do know what they are doing. Can anybody report on their claimed success in 2011 at Alcalá del Río (Sevilla)?
    Thanked by 1Richard Mix
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    @Charles. Why shoot her? Then you have to deal with the Mother Superior. Better just to run away.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • CharlesW
    Or shoot both of them. ;-) This is beginning to sound like Arsenic and Old Lace with bodies accumulating in the basement Panama Canal locks.