Bass Needed - George Malcolm Centennial Concert
  • Bass singer needed to sing for a concert benefitting the local Catholic Soup Kitchen in Central Indiana. Program will be dedicated to the music of George Malcolm, choirmaster of Westminster Cathedral and unorthodox harpsichordist. First part of the concert will consist of performance of Malcolm's Christmas Responsories with Scripture readings interspersed; second will include harpsichord music by Malcolm, Bach, Frescobaldi, performed by Dr. Rebecca Burkhart, Professor of Harpsichord from Ball State University. Concert will be Saturday, December 16, at 7 pm.

If interested, please PM me (StimsonInRehab)
  • Congratulations on your successful concert. Your cantoring of the responsories was very well done!
    Thanked by 1StimsonInRehab
  • Cardy, my organist was asking about you and described you as "super talented".

How do you know Professor Burkhart, again?
  • I'm afraid I was still sleepy from the Rorate Mass earlier that AM, so I think your organist was simply being quite kind! I was even thinking that it was Sunday - hence my comment about getting back for work next AM. Either sleep deprivation or just getting old. :) My mistake on the professor - I was confusing her with an organist I had worked with in northern Ohio. Similar name, but clearly not the same individual.

The arrangements of Matins Responsories was quite compelling - thank you for exposing me to them!